Sunday, November 29, 2015

Did You Know...

Did you know the wizard Shazam's original name was Shazamo?  I didn't know that until I read it in Captain Marvel Adventures #62!  

The wizard Shazam was the leader of seven heroes and derived his name from the first letters of each of the seven heroes' names.  Those heroes were Solomon, Hercules, Atlas, Zeus, Achilles, Mercury and Oggar.  (You can read more about Oggar in my post here.)


Oggar tells his story to Captain Marvel

However, Oggar the Mighty rebelled against Shazamo and was banished to the mortal world.  Shazamo also struck the letter 'O' for Oggar from his name and from that point forward became known as Shazam!




Holy Moley was I surprised when I read this!  It added a twist to the back story of Shazam which I never would have imagined.  Needless to say I am happy that he stuck with the name Shazam - Shazamo seems a bit corny to me!

Did you know the wizard Shazam was originally name Shazamo?  You do now!!  I hope you've enjoyed this article!


No comments:

Post a Comment